The Country & People of Jordan
This page contains links to sites in Jordan and Jordan related sites.
For Middle East, North Africa, Arab and regional information visit Arab Countries
- Use the "FIND" function in the Edit menu of your browser to search the page
- Use translating services in Chrome or Bing Bar in Internet Explorer to view page and/or linked websites in your language
* Arab Countries
Jordan, officially Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, kingdom (1995 est. pop. 4,101,000), 37,737 sq mi (97,740 sq km), SW Asia, bordered by Israel (W), Syria (N), Iraq (NE), and Saudi Arabia (E, S). Amman is the capital and largest city. Pre-1967 Jordan fell into three main geographical regions: East Jordan, which encompasses about 92% of the country's land area; the Jordanian Highlands (highest point, 5,755 ft/1,754 m); and West Jordan (the West Bank, part of historic Palestine. In the Arab-Israeli War of 1967, Israel captured and occupied the West Bank, and Jordan has since renounced its claim to the area (see below). Jordan's economy has traditionally been based on agriculture, although less than 5% of the land is arable. The principal crops are vegetables, wheat, and citrus fruits; olives are grown for oil. Manufactures are limited to such items as foodstuffs, clothing, and cement, and there is some oil refining. Phosphate rock and potash are the only minerals produced in quantity. The annual cost of Jordan's imports far exceeds its earnings from exports. Aqaba, on the Gulf of Aqaba, is the only seaport. The inhabitants of Jordan are mostly of Arab descent (over half are of Palestinian descent), and Arabic is the official language, although English is also spoken among the higher socio-economic groups. About 95% of the people are Sunni Muslims. Under the 1952 constitution, the king is the most powerful figure in the country; he appoints a cabinet (headed by a prime minister). The bicameral parliament has been convened and dissolved by the king several times since 1974; the 1989 elections were the first in 22 years. Political parties were again permitted to field candidates in 1993.
This section deals primarily with the region east of the Jordan River; for the history of the area to the west, see Palestine. The region of present-day Jordan was conquered successively by the Seleucids (4th cent. BC), Romans (mid-1st cent. AD), and Muslim Arabs (7th. cent.). After the Crusaders captured (1099) Jerusalem, it became part of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem. The Ottoman Turks gained control in 1516, and what is now Jordan remained in the Ottoman Empire until World War I. In 1920 Transjordan (as it was then known) was made part of the British mandate of Palestine.
The country gained independence in 1946, and the name was changed (1949) to Jordan, reflecting its acquisition of land W of the Jordan R. during the Arab-Israeli War of 1948. Abdullah ibn Husain, a member of the Hashemite dynasty that headed Jordan since 1921, was assassinated in 1951. His grandson, Hussein I, became king the following year. Jordanian forces were routed by Israel in the 1967 war and Jordan lost the West Bank.
Growing hostility between Hussein and Palestinian guerrilla organizations operating in Jordan led to a brief civil war in 1970, and guerrilla bases were destroyed in 1971. Jordan renounced (1974; reaffirmed 1988) its claims to the West Bank in order to allow the Palestine Liberation Organization eventually to organize a state in this territory.
Jordan also joined most of the other Arab countries in opposing the 1979 peace treaty between Egypt and Israel. It was officially neutral in the Persian Gulf War, but many Jordanians supported Iraq. In 1991 Jordan began peace talks with Israel, and a treaty was signed in 1994.
Hussein continued to promote peace between Arabs and Israelis until his death in 1999; he was succeeded by his son Abdullah II who pledged to work toward a more open government and to ease restrictions on public expression. Although there has been some progress in terms of economic development, the country remains dependent on tourism, which has been hurt by its location between Israel and Iraq. Political liberalization has been slow in coming.
In 2001 parliament’s term expired without new elections being called; they were postponed out of fear that popular sympathy for the Palestinians in their renewed conflict with Israel would lead to a victory for the Islamic parties.
The June, 2003, parliamentary elections resulted in a majority for the king’s supporters; Islamists won 18 seats.
In Apr., 2006, Jordan accused Hamas of planning attacks against targets in Jordan, saying that it had detained militants and seized weapons that had come in from Syria.
The Nov., 2007, parliamentary elections resulted in sharp losses for the Islamists, who accused the government of fraud. The parliament was largely seen as ineffective, and two years later the king dissolved parliament and ordered preparations for a new election.The main Islamic opposition group boycotted the Nov., 2010, elections, which gave the king's supporters a parliamentary majority.
The proreform demonstrations that affected many Arab nations in early 2011 also occurred in Jordan, though they were generally smaller and more moderate than in other countries. The king made promises of reform, and in February appointed a new government that included some opposition figures, but antigovernment protests continued in subsequent weeks. In June the king announced plans for significant political and economic changes, but did not specify a timetable. He subsequently (October) appointed yet another new government to undertake political reforms, but criticism of its proposed election law reforms led to a new government in May, 2012.
In Oct., 2012, the king dissolved parliament. Early elections, held in Jan., 2013, were boycotted by Islamists and other opposition groups because of their objections to the reforms, which they criticized for favoring rural and tribal constituencies. In 2012 Jordan saw a dramatic increase in the number of Syrians who fled there to escape the civil war in their country; by late 2015 more than 1.2 million Syrians, about half of whom were registered as refugees, were in Jordan. The high number of refugees contributed to economic difficulties in the country in subsequent years.
The parliamentary elections of Sept., 2016, held after the adoption in 2015 of electoral reforms that adopted a proportional system of representation, were contested by Islamists and other opposition groups; they won some seats, but the parliament remained dominated by pro-government deputies. In 2018 sudsidy cuts and tax reforms required by a 2016 agreement with the International Monetary Fund provoked antigovernment demonstrations beginning in May; in June a new government was appointed by the king.
Copyright (c) 2012 Columbia University Press.
Used by permission of Columbia University Press.
Cities, towns, municipalities, places, flag, maps, useful Information....
Economy, reports, statistics, banks, directories, jobs, investment, promotion....
General resources, heritage, art, literature, photography, cinema, music, song, dance, cultural, scientific,
environmental, sporting entities & info....
Schools, colleges, academies, universities, polytechnics, institutions, research, resources, projects....
Ancient & modern history, human rights, politics & political parties, related sites, articles....
Newspapers, magazines, news, newsletters, news agencies, radio, TV, internet, articles, reports, cartoons....
Government, ministries, overseas missions, embassies, corporations, organizations, industrial entities, centers,
public hospitals, institutions, societies, foreign entities....
Airlines, air, sea & coach charters services, travel, tours, guides, hotels, resorts, inns, hostels, health,
travel tips, weather....
Gateways, search engines and directories to country related sites and information....
Arab World: Middle East, North Africa, Arab and regional information. Resources to other Arab countries....
General Information Also see Travel
- ABC Jordanie Découverte de la Jordanie
- All Referer Earth & environment, history, literature & arts, people, places, plants & animals, religion, science & technology, sports & everyday life....
- Amman.Com Guide to cities, visitors information, history, entertainment & dining....
- AME Info Geography, people, government, economy, communication, transportation
- ArabInfo Overview, government, history, links
- ArabNet Overview, history, geography, business, culture, government, transport, tour guide, links
- Atlapedia Geography, climate, people, demography, religion, education, modern history, currency, other information....
- BBC Country Profile Key facts, figures and dates
- Britannica.Com Country info, land, people, economy, society, government, history, culture, maps, statistics, links....
- CIA World Factbook Map, geography, people, government, economy, communications, transportation, military, issues
- Country Reports Economy, defense, geography, government, people, anthem, map, news, weather, links....
- e Amman All kind of information about Jordan
- Encarta OnLine Info, land & resources, population, economy, government, history, other related items, links....
- Encyclopaedia of the Orient Geography, politics, economy, health, education, religion, people, history, anthem, cities....
- Expedia Almanac, fast facts, communications, on business, health & safety, transportation, traveler's directory
- Focus OnLine Jordan - The Archaeological Treasure of the Middle East. Info, regions, tourism, cuisine, music, maps....
- Info Please General info, map, geography, government, history, land & people....
- MidEast.Com Good info + Amman, Jerash, Petra, Wadi Rum, Aqaba, Dead Sea....
- MidEastUK Introduction, cities, essentials, services, slide show, map
- Nation By Nation Info, government, human rights, news, geography, history, people, links....
- US Library of Congress Everything you ever wanted to know about Jordan....
- World66 General info, cities, history, people, economy, getting around, getting there, links....
Cities, Towns, Municipalities & Places
- Municipality Of Greater Amman Places to visit, arts & culture, about Amman and the municipality
- Municipality Of Shoubak Jadeeda Society, statistics, tourism, services
- Municipality Of Salt History, culture, city features, photo gallery
- The Complete Petra A web directory and guide to the ancient city of Petra
- Petra Pictures, archaeology, history, guide, Nabataean Alphabet, art....
- Petra A rose-red city, half as old as time....
Flag, Maps, Useful Information....
- Cellular News Cellular coverage map, systems, frequencies....
- Ethnologue Language
- Flag Description, meaning, history, interesting facts and other flags
- Flag Explanation, historical, military & political flags....
- World Atlas A brief description, fast facts, flag, landforms, maps, traveller info, weather
- World Clock Local time, sunrise, sunset, GMT offset, daylight saving....
- World Paper Money Paper currency since 1952
* Arab Countries
Business and Economy
General, Economy, Reports & Statistics
- Al-Qsous Ghaleb Law Firm Legal Consultants & Dispute Resolution Centre
- American Chamber of Commerce in Jordan Promotion of Jordan-US trade and investment
- Amman Chamber of Industry Promotion and development of national exports
- Amman Stock Exchange Market performance, brokers, laws & regulations, market info, investment, privatization....
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade Fact sheet (pdf) & travel information....
- Bilateral Relations with Japan Diplomatic, investment, economic cooperation, residents....
- Business Etiquette and Culture A guide for doing business ....
- Federation of Jordanian Chambers of Commerce Achieve balanced economy, strive for Arab economic integration....
- Government Tenders Directorate Regulations, tenders, contractors, consultants studies....
- Irbid Chamber of Industry Useful reference to the business community to develop and promote international trade
- Jordan Europe Business Association (JEBA) Promoting and strengthening sustainable trade and investment linkages
- Jordan Forum for Business and Professional woman Promoting training and rendering services to members
- Jordan and the IMF Position in the fund, reports....
- Jordan Securities Commission Encouraging and protecting investors and most importantly enforcing the rule-of-law
- Jordan United States Business Partnership (JUSBP) A business development center
- Jordanian Migration A survey to analyse whether the country has a net profit or loss from the process of migration
- MBendi Business information, news, industries, events
- Middle East Regional Veterinary Information System Livestock & production data in Jordan
- Ports Focus Ports, harbours, marinas....
- US Department of Energy Analysis, information, oil, natural gas, coal, electricity....
- US Department of State Country commercial guide 2001 (pdf)
- US Department of State Country reports on economic policy and trade practices - 1999
- USAID Jordan Economic Development Program (SABEQ) To generate value added jobs, exports, foreign direct investment, and sector revenues
- World Bank Overview, news & events, data & statistics, publications & reports, development topics, projects & programs, Public Information Center
- World Trade Organization - WTO
Provides trade statistics, goods schedules, services schedules and MFN exemptions, trade policy reviews, dispute cases, and notifications
- Association of Banks in Jordan Exchanging information and experiences
- Arab Jordan Investment Bank Investment & Private Bank
- Cairo Amman Bank Provides corporate banking services to all economic sectors in Jordan & Palestine
- Central Bank of Jordan Represents the monetary authority in the Kingdom
- The Housing Bank for Trade & Finance Comprehensive commercial banking services to meet your needs
- Jordan Islamic Bank Finance and investment , services and branches
- Jordan Kuwait Bank A joint investment by Jordanians, Kuwaitis and other Arab investors
- Jordan Loan Guarantee Corporation Small and medium size business loans, export credits and related services
- Jordan National Bank (Al Ahli) Offering retail and corporate banking services
- Microfund Providing sustainable financial services to women microentrepreneurs in Jordan
- Union Bank for Savings & Investment (Al Itihad) A licensed investment bank
Directories, Job Opportunities
- Career Jordan Online recruiters
Investment & Promotion....
- Jordan Fairs Golden Gate organizing exhibitions and conferences....
* Arab Countries
Art, Culture & Sport
General Resources, Heritage, Museums....
- Al-Mashriq - The Levant Cultural riches & gateway
- Pella Museum Paleontology and geology
Art, Literature, Photography, Cinema....
- Manal Barqawi Cyber Gallery - Paintings
- Nawaf Al-Bukhari Foonoon.Com - Online art gallery
- 4 Walls To exhibit the work of well-established Jordanian, Arab and international artists
- Broadway Gallery A haven in Jordan for art and artists
- Jordan-Art Paintings and information about jordan painters Kassim Al-Refai and Khaled Atieh
- Angus McIntyre Photographs. Old cities and tourist sites....
- Cities & Landscapes Photo gallery
- Robert Bremec Jordan Photo Diary - Cities & places
- Jerash Chariots Ambitious and Entertaining, Roman Army and Chariot Racing Spectacle at Jerash
- Internet Movie Database Movie & TV reports
Music, Song & Dance....
Cultural, Scientific, Environmental, Health, Sporting Entities & Info
- Jordanian Astronomical Society Exchange of astronomical data, information, articles, and observational expertise
- Animal Info Threatened species, environmental and social data
- AquaStat Information on quantity and quality of freshwater and its availability
- BirdLife To determine the priorities for bird conservation in the region
- Conservation of Medicinal and Herbal Plants Project Ensuring effective in-situ protection of threatened habitats and ecosystems in Rift Valley and the Mujib Nature Reserve
- Jordan Environment Society (JES) Working together for change towards sustainable development
- Jordan Flora Covers the wild plants of different ecosystems and habitats in Jordan
- Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature Promoting wider public support for the protection of the natural environment
- Arab Nuclear Medicine & Bone Densimetry Center Studies & info....
- Gaucher Disease Information, symptoms, effects, living with it....
- Amman Dead Sea Ultra Marathon Run from the high elevations of Amman down to the saltiest and lowest point on Earth
- Husain Youth City Sport Club
- Royal Automobile Club of Jordan Information about Motor Sports in Jordan & the Middle East championship
* Arab Countries
Schools, Colleges, Academies, Universities & Polytechnics
- Abdul Hamid Sharaf School Modern, private, non-parochial school
- American Community School Co-educational day school which offers an American educational program
- Amman Acadamy A center of academic excellence and creativity
- Amman Baccalaureate School Students and parents, sSchool days, media center, events, enrollment, cafeteria
- Amman National School Focuses on the development of a social personality and morality
- Cambridge High School Giving an international education to students in the local community
- Ecol Francaise Amman
- International Center for Languages (ICL) To get our student learn more, study more, and excel more
- International Community School (ICL) Member of the British Schools of the Middle East
- Jordanian International Schools for Girls Centre of academic excellence and creativity
- Jubilee School Advances national and regional educational standards for public and private school teachers in Jordan and other Arab countries
- Modern American School A private, co-educational day school for students aged 3-18
- Modern Montessori School A philosophy, which offers an outstanding academic programme
- Al Al-Bayt University Give special attention to scientific in particular Arab and Islamic affairs
- Al-Balqa' Applied University Integrates learning and work; the university and the employment community
- Al-Isra Private University Amman
- Al Quds College Preparing a distinguished generation armed with science, faith, and work skills
- Al-Zaytoonah University Six faculties, encompassing eighteen specializations
- Amman University To provide a high quality university education
- Applied Science University Innovation will take the upper hand in teaching and research
- Arab Open University - Jordan Branch A private Arab institution of higher education with a special status
- Hashemite University An official university in Al-Zarqa Governorate
- Jerash Private University
- Jordan University of Science & Technology Contribute to the development of human and material resources of Jordan
- Mu'tah University A national institution for civil and military higher education
- Philadelphia University Adopts curricula that make it compatible with the best universities in the world
- Princess Sumaya University for Technology Specialization is IT, Communications and Electronics
- Queen Noor Civil Aviation Technical College To provide the Jordanian airports with qualified employees
- University of Jordan Provision of quality rather than quantity education at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels....
- Yarmouk University Relentless pursuit of excellence in all fields of research and instruction
- Zarqa Private University (ZPU) Consolidating the Islamic perspective on knowledge, particularly human sciences, teaching activities, out research....
- Study Abroad University of Jordan - opportunities to study an array of subjects
- WorldWide Classroom University & adult education, K12 & teen....
Institutions & Organizations
- American Language Center (ALC) Provide English language training in the context of American education and culture
- Center for Excellence in Education (CEE) Dedicated to the promotion of education excellence and gifted education
- Center for Theoretical and Applied Physical Sciences Spreading scientific knowledge of physics through all available means
- Institute of Banking Studies A theoretical and practical training center
- Jordan Institute of Diplomacy Students conduct research in the fields of diplomacy and international relations
- Shabakat Jordanian youth will be recruited, trained and placed in local organizations
- NYIT Jordan Affiliated with Jordan University of Science & Technology (JUST)
- Peace Operation Training Center A gathering point for training and seminars on all aspects of peace operations
- Yarmouk Culture Center Specialized in teaching English language
Research, Resources, Libraries & Projects
- El-Hassan Youth Award Derived from the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme
- Knowledge Stations To create a universal access to Information and Communications Technology
- National Library
- The Oval Office for Studies & Redearch For those who want to complete their studies in Australia and New Zealand
- Tawjihe A portal to help Arab high school students, University Curricula....
* Arab Countries
History, Human Right & Politics
Ancient & Modern....
- BBC Timeline A chronology of key events
- King Abdallah II The King, initiatives, press room, the Hashemites, royal court & palaces, about Jordan....
- King Hussein I A living tribute to the legacy of the father of modern Jordan
- Political Geography Land and people, economy, government, history....
- Majlis El Hassan Prince Hassan Bin Talal - An insight into his achievements, interests, vision and family....
- Queen Noor Social and environmental activities and projects, interviews, King Hussein final days....
- Rania Al-Abdullah Queen of Jordan official website
- World Statesmen Flags, chronology, rulers, governors, ministers, commissioners....
Human Rights, Politics & Political Parties....
- Amnesty International News, reports, urgent action. Latest annual report....
- Human Rights Watch Human rights developments & report
- Jordan Elections To establish a society where justice, equality, and rule of law prevail
- US Department of State Country reports on human rights practices
- Al-Ahed Party
- Jordan's Party of the Free (Al-Ahrar) Believe in the rule of law, a free media and meaningful human rights
- Sons of the Great Arab Revolution History of the Hashemites, the army and Jordan
Related Sites, Articles....
- Al-Bushra - Arab American Roman Catholic Community What do you know about Jordan? Plenty of interesting articles....
- Jordan Elections Candidates, news, policies....
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Media for satellite stations & Arab newspapers
- Al-Arab Al-Yawm Daily newspaper
- Al-Dustour Daily newspaper
- Al-Ghad Daily newspaper
- Al-Liwa Weekly newspaper
- Al-Rai Daily newspaper
- Al-Sabeel Weekly magazine
- Jordan Times Political daily....
- The Star Jordan's political, economic & cultural weekly....
OnLine News, Newsletters, News Agencies....
- Al-Ahali Newsletter of the People Democratic Party of Jordan
- Jordan Daily Online news....
- Jordan News Agency - Petra General info, Arabic & English news, photos, links....
- JordanZad Online news
- Washington Post News & references
- Yahoo full news coverage
Radio, TV, Internet....
- Jordan Radio & Television Corp. Radio, channels, national & International News, sports, weather, satellite
Articles, Reports, Cartoons....
- Department of Printing & Publishing Local, ME articles and news, Hebrew press
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Organizations for Pan-Arab, middle East, North Africa and regional organizations
Government & Organizations....
Government, Ministries, Overseas Missions, Embassies....
- Chiefs of State and Cabinet Members
- Political Leaders Dates and figures of the leadership since 1946 (with pictures)
- Ministry of Agriculture Assure sustainable production and resources without damaging the environment
- Ministry of Education Achieving democracy of education for all, irrespective of sex, language and religion
- Ministry Of Energy and Mineral Resources Promoting and developing different energy resources and overseeing the energy sector operating companies
- Ministry of Finance Memorandum on economic and financial policies
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs Formulating Jordan's foreign policy
- Ministry of Health Implementing hospital autonomy in Jordan
- Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research
- Ministry of Industry & Trade Economic cooperation, statistics, laws, procedures....
- Ministry of Interior Preserving the security and public order and providing the best service to its citizens
- Ministry of Information and Communications Technology Contribute to improved services
- Ministry of Planning Documents ranging from summaries of events to government reports and agreements
- Ministry of Public Works and Housing Offering services of the construction and maintenance for roads and governmental buildings
- Ministry of Social Development Coordinate with the relevant bodies who are working in the social field
- Ministry of Social Planning
A pioneer governmental institution contributing to the sustainable development and the improvement of standards of living
- Ministry of Social Development Provide programs and services to the youth and provide assistance to the needy and poor citizens
- Ministry of Tourism & Antiquities Tourism information guide, about Jordan, maps and events
- Ministry of Transport Aims at reaching a transport system that is efficient, economical, safe and competitive
- Ministry of Water & Irrigation Provision of centralized water related data, standardization and consolidation of data
- Ministry of Youth & Sport To furnish appropriate opportunities....
- Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission To promote the development of 's Civil Aviation safety, security and environmental regulatory compliance
- Civil Service Bureau To determine its annual need of appointments
- Department of Lands and Survey (DLS) Matching the different copies of cadastral sheets and modernizing the digital maps
- Department of Statistics - DOS Carries out censuses and surveys. Population statistics and economic statistics
- Enhanced Productivity Program (EPP)
Creates opportunities for rural communities to be a part of income-producing and self-sustaining industries
- Environmental Information System Conservation of nature, biodiversity, reservations and forests
- Executive Privatization Commission (EPC) To bring economic prosperity and sustainable socio-economic
- General Intelligence Department Protection of the Jordan in its political , social , security and economic dimensions
- Greater Amman Municipality Amman, municipality, visit Amman, info....
- High Health Council
- Insurance Commission Regulate and supervise the insurance sector
- Jordan Maritime Authority Towards safe, secure and organized maritime sector in Jordan
- Jordanian Cooperative Corporation (JCC) Encouraging the establishment of marketing Cooperative associations
- Jordan Customs Department Supporting the local industries, facilitating commercial exchange....
- Jordan National Metrology Institute (JNMI) Applying internationally accepted best management and technical practices
- Jordan Post Satisfy the progressive demand on modern postal services and enhance their quality
- Income Tax Department and The General Sales tax Department Legislations, proclamations & decisions, services & guides
- General Supplies Department Supplies Act instructions, regulations and amendments
- Income Tax Department Income Tax Law, Regulations of Procedures
- National Center for Human Resources Development A center of excellence in conducting educational research
- National Information Center Statistics and information for policy analysis and general research
- National Information System Statistics and information
- Natural Resource Authority Develop and exploit energy and mineral resources
- Prime Ministry Contributing to the creation of an environment of knowledge and to the facilitation of the work of government departments
- Public Security Directorate History, evolvement, philosophy, duties, organization, departments and activities....
- Public Transport Regulatory Commission
- Telecommunications Regulatory Commission Regulating, monitoring and issuing the licenses to market operators
- Embassy of Jordan - Vienna, Austria Provide basic facts about Jordan and acts as a resource guide to locate needed information
- Embassy of Jordan - The Hague, Netherlands Consular office, tourism, economy & investments, events, royal family....
- Embassy of Jordan - Washington, USA Consular, commercial, military, information, news, tourism, events, education....
Corporations, Organizations, Public Hospitals and Industrial Entities
- Free Zones Corporation Characterized by exemptions and facilities that qualify them to become an investment attraction....
- Housing & Urban Development Corporation "The national umbrella of the housing sector"
- Jordan Export Development & Commercial Centers Corporation - JEDCO Help to expand Jordan's export activities
- Jordan TeleCom A world class service level
- Arab Dental Center Quality services in a modern exquisite dental atmosphere
- Eye Specialty Hospital Examination diagnosis and treatment of different eye diseases
- Islamic Hospital
- Jordan Dental Center Tomorrow's dentistry today
Association, Centers, Institutions, Societies....
- Al-Urdun Al-Jadid Research Center A national "think tank" and policy oriented pressure group
- Community Knowledge Center (CKC) An arena for discussion and the exchange of information, experiences, and best practices
- Enhanced Productivity Centers Program (IRADA) Participating in creating jobs for both investors and their staff
- IEE Jordan To promote the advancement of electrical electronic and manufacturing engineering
- Jordanian Society of Cosmetic Sciences Promoting research in cosmetic science and industry
- Royal Scientific Society It aims at conducting scientific and technological research and development work
- Agricultural Engineering Association
- Business and Professional Women Association (BPWA) Opens pathways and create platforms for women in business
- Jordan Barirsters Association
- Jordan Computer Society Scheduling and coordination of a number of activities and events
- Jordan Dental Association
- Jordan Engineers Association To achieve excellence in providing services and to encourage members participation
- Jordan Hotel Association Providing services to the Jordan hospitality industry. Hotels & Cities
- Jordan Medical Associations
- Jordan Society of Tourist and Travel Agents To enable the profession to take its rightful place in the economy
- Jordan Pharmaceutical Association
- Jordanian Writers Union
- Al-Hussein Society (AHS) An educational, vocational and therapeutic NGO
- Jordan River Foundation
To empower society, especially women and children, and in turn, improve the quality of life to secure a better future for all Jordanians
- Noor Al Hussein Foundation To promote integrated socio-economic development
- SOS Children's Village Association of Jordan Cares for orphaned and destitute Jordanian children
- British Embassy The Embassy offers consular, commercial and visa services to members of the public....
- Embassy of Sweden Consular services, technical assistance, commercial inquiries, studying in Sweden, links....
- Embassy of the United States of America Consular section, travel & visa Info, USAID, public affairs, business center....
- Italian Embassy Cultural, consular & commercial sections, info, links....
- US Embassy Travel & visa info, public affairs, commercial service, economic & political issues, press releases, articles....
- British Counsil Library and information services, events, news, conferences, learn English
- United Nations Highlights the work of the United Nations Country Team in Jordan
- United Nations Development Programme Works at the policy level by supporting sound development strategies
- USAID Assistance to Jordan....
- World Food Programme Fight against global hunger....
- World Health Organization Tobacco & health, socio-economic situation
* Arab Countries
Travel & Tourism
Airlines, Air, Sea & Coach Charters Services
- Arab Wings Executive jet charter service offering customized services
- Royal Jordanian Flight schedule, availability, departure & arrival....
- Royal Wings Airlines Jordan
Travel, Tours, Guides.... More country info
- Amani Tours Tailor made archeological, biblical, leisure and educational package tours
- Bestours Tours All tours can be tailor-made to suit your specific needs
- Cedar Tours & Travel Provides a wide range of travel & travel related services for groups & individuals
- Dahlan Tours & Travel Prepared to tailor your tour of Jordan to suit your budget and tastes
- Dakkak Tours Introducing visitors to the treasures and pleasures of Jordan and the Middle East
- Dead Sea Beach Tours Music, dance, and swims in the Dead Sea....
- Discover Jordan Amazing & historical sites, hotels, restaurants, airlines, souvenirs....
- Grumpy Gourmet Evaluates Amman's top restaurants. Dinning tips, articles, reviews, hotels, restaurants, events....
- Guiding Star Tours to Jerusalem from Amman, the Dead Sea and other points in Jordan
- Husam Tours For culture, history, adventure or just relaxation
- Jordan Experience Tours A unique travel experience
- Jordan Holidays Make your holiday truly relaxing, enchanting and memorable
- Jordan Travel Exchange Travel & tourism guide and news....
- Nebo Tours Specialized programs that concentrate on history , cultures and archeology
- Petra Night Tours Tour packages to sites like Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum and Jerash
- Petra Tours Adventures, unmatched services and unforgettable experiences!
- Rose City Travel & Tourism Unique travel & tourism services
- Travel 1 Open doors for you to discover Jordan and the Middle Eastern region
- Trip500 Tours in Jordan, the Holy land & Jerusalem Tours including the Dead Sea, Petra, Mount Nebo, Aqaba, Wadi rum, Madaba, Jerash, Bethlehem....
- Sherazade Travel & Tourism Holidays without borders, extensive quality program includes trainings, conferences and info tours
- Travel Jordan About Jordan, cities, tours, hotels
- Travel Jordan Agency Local tour agent offers holidays and customize packages to Jorda. Aqaba, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum, Amman, Petra tours at affordable prices
- Travelers International Offer a high level of services and facilities with competitive prices for Jordan tours
- Wadi Rum 7 Pillars Camping And Tours Activities: hiking, jeep tours , climbing , trekking and scrambling , camel rides and the taste of the real bedouin life
- Yolla Travel & Tourism Combined tours of Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and the Holy Land
- Zaman Tours & Travel A specialist in organizing classic tours, adventure tours, camping, hiking, trekking, horse riding and camel tours
- Lonely Planet Travel information, maps, photos, background historical and cultural information
- Middle East Travel Accommodation, history, after hours, travel info, addresses, cities & sights, business....
- Travel Guide General & travel info, money, duty free, health, accommodation, visas....
- World Travel Guide Accommodation, addresses, business, climate, essentials, resort, social, travel
Hotels, Resorts, Inns, Hostels....
- Amman International Hotel A unique, relaxing atmosphere with traditional hospitality
- Comfort Apartments High standard apartments to guests coming to Jordan
- Comfort Hotel Suites Offer guests a luxurious retreat in the heart of the Sweifiyah, Amman
- Gardenia Hotel Shmeisani - Amman. An enclave of quiet elegance with the highest standard of service
- Gondola Hotel & Suits Amman. Ideal place with affordable rates for tourists, diplomats, businessmen & expatriates
- Golden Tulip Kings’ Way Hotel Facilities - includes a guide to Petra
- Grand Hyatt Amman Conveniently located in the heart of the capital's stately business and diplomatic district
- Rozana Hotel Suites Amman. Suites, restaurant, health club, location, services
- Turino Hotel Sweifiyeh - Amman. A luxury hotel and a private residence
- Marriott Hotels
- Amman Marriott Hotel
- Marriott Jordan Valley Resort & Spa Dead Sea
- Marriott Petra Hotel Wadi Moussa
- Moevinpick Hotels
- Dead Sea
- Nabatean Castle
- All Hotels Hotels, description & rates
- Hotels Travel Hotels directory & tourist information
- Jordan Hotels - New Steps Travel & Tourism Hotel Reservation in Jordan for your holidays or business trips....
dt>Jordan Hotels Travel Guide Offers hotels and resorts online reservations
Health & Travel Tips
- Foreign & Commonwealth Office Travel information, country advise, latest travel updates....
- Travel Document Systems Passports, visas, travel documents
- US Consular Information Visa, health, crime/drug penalties....
- Jordan Meteorological Department Services, weather forecast, satellite image, activities, climate, weather charts
- Weather Underground Temperature, humidity, pressure
- Yahoo Weather By city. Forcast, sunrise, sunset, humidity, wind, dewpoint....
* Arab Countries
Visit Arab Gateways for Arab and other country links
Gateways to Jordan
- Guide2Jordan Things to do, places to go, latest movies....
* Arab Countries
Please link to this page.
For comments, reports of deadlinks and adding your URL
Names, pictures and logos are the copyright of their respective owners.
(C)Copyright 1998-2022 Mazen Hejleh. All rights reserved.